These are late because I couldn’t really think of someone for Day four and then was off yesterday and forgot to post, so here’s Thursday, Friday and Saturday’s posts together. Here is the original post so you know what I’m talking about.
Day 4: Write About Someone Who Inspires You
I honestly can’t think of someone who inspires me, per se, but rather someone I admire. That person is one of my closest friends here in Phoenix, Joanna. She has been through a lot of personal drama, but still manages to be one of the nicest, most generous, hard-working, and selfless people that I know. She believes in social justice and change and is one hell of a macro social worker, even now when her job is in libraries and not in her chosen profession. She does a lot of good work and I hope she will open the hearts and minds of the people she works for at her branch library, as well as the community.
Day 5: List 5 places you want to visit
I am going to assume they mean five places you’ve not visited yet that you want to, and I’m going to list why. So I know some of them are countries versus individual cities, but they were hard to encapsulate in a single city.
Graben (street) in Vienna, Austria
- Vienna, Austria – I have technically been here for 2 hrs, but couldn’t stray far from the train station as it was a stop on the way to Prague. The food, culture, opera, and history has always been fascinating, so it seems like a cool place to go to.
- Brandenburg Gate – Berlin, Germany
- Berlin, Germany – I’ve never been much to eastern Germany (I was born in the western US-occupied part), but Berlin is the capital and center of history and art – mostly it’s because of the awesome art museums
- Temple of Hatshepsut, Deir El Bahri, Egypt
- Egypt – I love studying about Egyptian history and art, so naturally I would love to visit the real stuff.
- Meiji Jengu, Tokyo, Japan
- Japan – Always been fascinated by Japanese food, art, culture, and history and always fascinated with the juxtaposition of ancient and modern culture in the same setting, even more so with all the parks/temples in modern cities
- Knossos recreation – Crete, Greece
- Greece – My parents have been talking for years about how much they loved going there, especially my dad. Again with the food/culture/art/history fascination, but also because I have friends that live there or have family there, so I would at least have a place to stay.
Day 6: Five Ways to Win My Heart
This is some interesting timing as things in my personal life have recently made me re-evaluate topics like this.
- Emotional Maturity – By this, I mean the ability to express their feelings and emotions, and can say “I love you” without prompts b/c they mean it not because they feel they have to because I am.
- Good with Kids – This is kind of a given as I have a five year old son, but I also work with kids, so it’s important.
- Good Sense of Humor – laughter really is the best medicine, esp if I’m having a rough week or things feel out of control
- Educated (at least a Bachelor’s Degree or interested in personal learning on their own) with Ambitions/Goals
- Nerdy/Geek – I am a giant nerd/geek so would be nice to find someone either with similar interests, preferably someone who liked to read, and would be cool nerding out with me (ex. Star Wars, Dragon Age, video gaming, or whatever)